Monday, March 26, 2012

Some of the best of SXSW

Ok so now that I have officially recovered from the week long celebration that is SXSW which culminated with me in VIP of Hype Hotel drinking Titos and Sprite, eating the best taco ever known to man the Doritos Taco Locos, and dancing on couches to what I believe were the Cavemen at 4 am. I can finally talk about the best bands of the week. By the way, how I make it through this week partying all day and night drug free still amazes me!

So I'm going to cheat a bit with my first entry because these guys were supposed to come but as it goes with SX, it didn't happen. However I love their sound! The Hunters, a two piece band from Brooklyn, is like grungy punk with both Derek and Isabel pitching in on the vocals. The second you hear Brat Mouth it grabs a hold of you and is in your head for the rest of the day, which is a good thing. Unlike that Copasetic song by some other two piece band. They are kind of hard to find on the web but try here WWW.HUNTERSNY.BANDCAMP.COM
Can't wait for them to come to Austin! They are definitely Tight!!!

My second recommendation is Hanni El Khatib. You'll recognize him from his song You Rascal You. Which is an ok catchy little tune but what caught my attention were the songs he performed while just walking the streets of San Fransisco. http://www.hannielkhatib.com/ scroll down a bit. I think Springsteen did something similar but  I don't recognize any Boss songs that were made post Dancing in the Dark. I mean once you reach your pinnacle you really should just retire and spend the rest of your days in your Minneapolis mansion making girls bathe while covered in gold paint. Anyway, the time I saw him live I wasn't that impressed but I could see he was more concerned about maintaining his skateboarder image than performing. Once he gets over that he'll blow up and I'm sure he'll be at every festival this year. I'm going to put as slight Fresh for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment